The latest newsletter – #26, March 2018 – is now available. It is a bumper 7-page newsletter, including lots of photos, with larger versions of the photos available in Facebook photo albums (see the links in the newsletter). Highlights:
- Welcome – to 11 new members in recent months.
- NEXT Homeleigh Working Bee: 19-20 May, 2018.
- NEWS: M3 Shades of Death Cave property update, including great photos; and an article on the cave ownership history.
- Old Timers’ weekend update – Details and photos of the work done, including: rubbish clearing, tip run, cave cleaning/washing, hand rail wire-brushing (with power tools), painting, old fridge disposal, SRT training route planning, power generator maintenance and more.
- Bowies Cave -Some information about another cave on our M49 Scrubby Creek property.
- Update on the last Homeleigh working bee (Sept 2017).
- FMClarity software now being used to assist with tracking and managing property maintenance.
Read all about it, and see the great photos, in Rimstone News #26.
(assisting the Rimstone Co-operative directors).
The minutes of the recent (Sept 2017) Rimstone Cooperative AGM are now available to download from the website Newsletters/AGM page.
Notice has been posted of the upcoming 2017 Rimstone Cooperative Ltd AGM in the latest Newsletter #25. See the newsletter here.
Also in this newsletter:
- Latest update on the Shades of Death (M-3) Cave property purchase and the appeal for members and friends to assist with raising funds.
- Upcoming Homeleigh working bee, 30 Sept – 1 October (plus some days either side of this).
- Managing Homeleigh – With some current niggling issues, the Rimstone directors are seeking input from members (do we need internet access? improved building security; how to overcome the problem of the hot water being left on after a trip).
assisting the directors,
Rimstone News – newsletter editor
Just one snap from Shades of Death (ack: Daryl Carr)
YOUR ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED
April 2017. The Rimstone Cooperative directors are announcing the pending purchase of another property* in the Buchan caves region (East Gippsland, Victoria) – the infamous M-3 Cave, known for years as “Shades of Death”.
Appeals for assistance with funding of the purchase are now open. See more details on the new M-3 Cave page.
To download the M-3 Shades-of-Death Cave Purchase Appeal Form with more details and make a speedy donation, download the special Appeal Form.
THE SUPPORT OF ALL AUSTRALIAN CAVERS,
AND FRIENDS OF KARST WORLDWIDE, IS NEEDED NOW!
* This adds to the earlier purchase of the Scrubby Creek property.
LATEST NEWS: Purchasing M-3 Shades of Death property, and seeking funds to assist the purchase.
The new-look Homeleigh Lounge Room
May 19-20 (2017) – Homeleigh Working Bee
- Scrubby Creek Cave and property news and the tufa terraces.
- Lounge Room project update (and photo).
- Report from the recent March Working Bee.
- New director – Welcome Mark T.
Read all about it in Newsletter #24
June 2016 – The latest newsletter is now available to view. See the link on the Newsletters page.
In the newsletter, see details about a small increase in Homeleigh accommodation rates, and upcoming events:
- 8-10 July – Homeleigh Lounge Room Painting Bee
- 17-25 September – General Homeleigh Working Bee
- Friday 7th October – AGM (venue TBA).
See the newsletter for all the details.
The minutes of the 2015 AGM are available for your download and perusal. See the link on the Newsletters page.